Online courses from the Iowa Association of REALTORS® offer you the convenience of completing your education requirements at your own pace, at your home or office.
No classroom time required!
Important Information About Online Courses
- If you are renewing a license, you may take a maximum of 24 hours of home study/online courses. See license renewal requirements for more information.
- NAR Certification and Designation courses are also available online through the Center for REALTOR® Development. Your CE certificates for these courses will not appear on your IAR record as the continuing education certificates are processed through the CE Shop.
- If you are looking to obtain your real estate license in Iowa, please read this online pre-license course info.
Rules and Regulations for Online Courses
- You must score 90% or better on the final exam.
- You must complete each course, including any retakes of the final exam, within the allotted time frame. RESmarts Online allows six (6) months from the purchase date.
- Once you complete a course, your certificate of completion will be available in My Account.
- A maximum of 24 hours may be taken by online courses.
The Iowa Association of REALTORS® provides a variety of education options, including education for people pursuing a real estate license, as well as continuing education courses for real estate licensees that are offered in a variety of formats. Payments for any of our courses are final. No refunds are available. By signing up for a course, you agree to make full payment without possibility of refund. Therefore, it is important to plan accordingly.
Exception: An individual may qualify for a full refund within the first 30 days of purchase for the 60 hour pre-license course. If cancelled 31-60 days after payment, $125.00 cancellation fee. If cancelled beyond 60 days, no refund is available. No refunds available once the course is completed.
Due to COVID-19, The Iowa Real Estate Commission has temporarily suspended some provisions for 2020. Click here to see how this may impact you.
The information applies to both salesperson and broker license renewals.